Author Topic: Vetericyn  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Vetericyn
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
http://vetericyn.com/

Vetericyn works quickly to care for infections or open wounds. In addition, it is safe as water so it will not harm your cat or the environment. Cats typically lick their injury so any products applied should be non-toxic. Vetericyn is non-toxic so it will not cause injury if it happens to be ingested or licked after application. This is possible because Vetericyn works in the same way as your cat’s immune system. As such, the body recognizes it as a friendly infection-aiding ally. Vetericyn also creates an optimal environment for healing.

Vetericyn used on wounds have demonstrated a reduction in healing time by up to 60%. Vetericyn significantly increases the oxygen content at the wound site within 30 seconds and maintains that oxygen level for up to 36 hours. This increase in oxygen along with the reduction of infection is responsible for these accelerated healing times. As a one-step cleanser and dressing, it eliminates the need for multiple products while reducing the application time and requirements.

Since it is “no-rinse”, it leaves no film or residue to clean off. And unlike traditional antiseptics and topical antibiotics it does not damage healthy tissue

Vetericyn® Wound & Infection Care is a revolutionary topical solution for the care of wounds, infections and irritations caused by bacteria, virus, fungus or spores. This steroid-free, antibiotic-free, no-rinse solution is non-toxic. Made up of compounds similar to those produced by the animal’s own immune system, Vetericyn will not harm healthy tissue. Vetericyn is pH neutral and will not sting when applied. In solution this product kills 99.999% of bacteria, single-cell organisms and fungi making it ideal for infections caused by bacteria such as E.coli, Staph (MRSA), Strep, Moraxella bovis, Pasteurella, Actinomyces and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Tests free for competitive animals.

Use Vetericyn To Treat Or Prevent: Hot Spots, Rain Rot, Rashes, Post-Surgical Sites, Burns, Cinch Fungus, Ring Worm, Skin Infections, Scratches, Eye Infections, Cuts, Skin UlcersThrush and Insect Bites

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Re: Vetericyn
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »
Is this the right place for this topic?

I've used Vetericyn a few times, both on myself and the cats. 

Jack's herpes infection went full blown in his eye due to stress (silage trucks going right past the barn for a few days).  I was going to take him to the vet because his eye was swollen badly...but I first tried using the Vetericyn eye drops.  Within a few days of treatment, his eye was back to normal, even though he was still stressed out due to the silage trucks.

I also used it on Matilda's spay incision and it did seem to help her heal faster.

The other time I used it on an animal was actually on a calf.  All dairy calves are dehorned, and a few weeks after this calf was dehorned the area abcessed, and "blew up" all over her.  It was absolutly disguisting...streams of blood hanging down her face (I won't get more detailed than that).  She was sprayed with the vet strength vetericyn two times a day for a week, and now (1.5 weeks later) you can't tell anything was wrong.

I've also used this on myself :-[  It again worked well.  I had my finger sliced upon on a calves tooth - I had grabbed her by her mouth to give her pills, she pulled back, and her tooth cut open my finger.  Those cuts are deep...and obviously not done by a very clean object.  I used the eye drop Vetericyn on it (eye drops are the same thing as the wound spray, just in a dropper bottle) and it seems to be healing faster than normal so far.  When I didn't use this, it could take 8-12 weeks for my finger to completly heal, it so far is healing much faster than that.

Tags: