Author Topic: Dental wipes?  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Dental wipes?
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:12:55 PM »
When I said no to the C.E.T. toothpaste (I don't like the ingredients) vet recommended I try a dental wipe.  I've browsed on Amazon and haven't really seen anything that doesn't contain at least one ingredient I don't want to use on my cats.

She suggested an "herbal" product she purchased at the "Feed and pet supply" store across the parking lot from the clinic. But she couldm't remember the name. Not being much for shopping in person I thought I'd browse Amazon first.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

The problem is, anything that goes in the cat's mouth or on her teeth or gums is going to end up in her body. You know?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Dental wipes?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 06:57:28 PM »
Is she talking about Ark Naturals Plaque Zapper that goes in water?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 07:03:03 PM »
No.  She has recommended that I use some sort of enzymatic wipe that you wipe the cat's teeth/gums with.

My cats don't drink water, so a water additive would not be helpful.  :)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 07:59:17 PM »
Mix some of the stuff in water and put it on gauze and rub the teeth with that. A lot of people use gauze to clean pets' teeth.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
Gizzards give the teeth quite a work out. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
Gizzards give the teeth quite a work out. 

Thanks.  Jennie eats chicken wing or neck once a week and whole solid chunks of meat every day.  She doesn't get gizzards any more because for some reason she started regurgitating them about a year ago.

I have no way of knowing why of course, but she and Queen Eva were getting Gizzard meals twice a week, until Jennie started bringing them back up.

Tags: