Author Topic: Vet Buys Raw Dog Food Company  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Vet Buys Raw Dog Food Company
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »
Dr. Judy Jasek, a local, prominent holistic vet and owner of the Belleview Animal Clinic in Englewood, is the new owner of Redbud's Raw Premium Dog Food. Jasek purchased the line of Colorado-made, raw, natural dog food recently and will begin promoting the product statewide.
"In my 24 years of experience as a veterinarian, I have recommended many different types of diets for dogs," Jasek said. "I now have no doubt a raw, fresh, meat-based diet is the best thing to feed your dog. And because I so strongly believe that Redbud's Raw is a superior product, I am now a proud new owner of the company."
Redbud's Raw was launched in 2010 by Jim Adams, a local marketing executive, who saw the health benefits a raw diet provided his own dogs.
"I have recommended Dr. Jasek to many, many dog owners because she is a compassionate healer," Adams said. "She brings great credibility to this brand and I'm honored to work with her to bring great health through great food to Colorado dogs."
Terms of the purchase were not made available, but Adams retains some ownership and will remain with Redbud's in an operations capacity. Jasek will become the "face" of Redbud's and will be involved in all aspects of the company's marketing activities. Additionally, Redbud's has added a sales director and controller to the company. The current goal is to align the Redbud's Raw name with Jasek's professional pedigree.
Dr Jasek received her formal education at Colorado State University, including a bachelor's degree in Zoology in 1984, and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 1988. She worked in Idaho and Utah before returning to the Denver, Co area in 2001. She purchased her current practice, Belleview Animal Clinic, in 2003 where she began a transition from traditional veterinary medicine to a more holistic approach.
"All veterinarians are trained in traditional medicine and I followed that path for 16 years," Jasek said. "But, I now offer holistic care as a first-line treatment wherever possible after experiencing the benefits of it myself. I treat the whole dog and great canine health always begins with great nutrition."

Rest of the story can be read here:
http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/business/notes/holistic-vet-purchases-share-of-raw-dog-food-business/article_739f5d38-47b9-11e1-9cd3-0019bb2963f4.html
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Vet Buys Raw Dog Food Company
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:03:54 PM »

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
Redbud's Raw is based on the premise that dogs are naturally carnivorous (technically they are omnivores) and their digestive systems are designed for the easy digestion of meat, bones, organ meat, and small amounts of vegetables and fruits.

No, they are NOT "technically omnivores"!!!   bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead
(I'll leave off on the "small amounts of vegies & fruits"... I don't agree with it, but it's not an entirely false statement).

Other than that... cool beans   thumbsup1
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »

Other than that... cool beans   thumbsup1

I'll keep my fingers crossed that she won't change anything about the food...since it is based on the dogs being naturally carnivores.   :D