Author Topic: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat  (Read 118996 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
Glad you both made it back home safely, and things went well.  Is Mazy cat speaking to you yet?   Silly7
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2018, 03:20:39 PM »
Glad you both made it back home safely, and things went well.  Is Mazy cat speaking to you yet?   Silly7

funny2

Actually she doesn't seem to hold a grudge when I take her to the vet.  I think she's just so grateful to be home. She's just annoyed with me now because I want her to poop, and for some unknown reason she is refusing to do it.  Her colon is loaded with poop (as the x rays showed lol), it's been 2 1/2 days since she's gone. Don't know what's she's waiting for.  Well she was probably waiting for a litter box with deeper litter, but she has that now, I did them while she was at the vet, but she still isn't going.  She had two small meals after coming home but I don't want to feed her any more until she goes, because it is likely to come right back up.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #362 on: December 27, 2018, 04:02:27 PM »
Another tiny step for Mazy cat, she's down to 8 servings a day! (from 10, from 11, from 13,  from 17, from 22)

Her supper pre-meal which has always been two portions 15 minutes apart have now been combined to one portion.  It's been a week and she is handling it well, but is still waiting for that 2nd serving. Habits are difficult to change, but eventually she'll forget about it hopefully.  Even one less meal is so much better (less work) for me.

Here's her video. here is Mazy cat, approaching 15 years old in a few months playing one of her Games.  I edited out the slower and waiting parts, and you must also keep in mind that she had already played a Thundering Around the House Chase me Chase You game with Queen Eva before playing this.  You'll also see Queen Eva running back and forth and might wonder why she doesn't interfere. 

Queen Eva doesn't interfere because she's already had her one on one Game with me and knows she will have another after Mazy cat and Jennie have theirs. She's learned to wait her turn, just like all my cats always have done.

Sorry it's so long (4 minutes) but I couldn't bear to cut out any of the good parts.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #363 on: December 27, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »
She's quite the goalie!   :)  And getting down to 8 servings a day is HUGE!  Congratulations!   DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2018, 06:40:13 PM »
Mazy is cute... as always.  I wish more people, with older cats, would watch this video.  Older cats CAN continue to be alert and active.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #365 on: January 01, 2019, 08:07:11 AM »
She's quite the goalie!   :)  And getting down to 8 servings a day is HUGE!  Congratulations!   DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Maybe this will give other people hope. Mazy cat is almost 15 and her progress to health has been going on for almost 7 years. No matter how slow, progress can and does continue. I should add that her vomiting cycle never really changes, it's still every 7-10 days with slight variations, sometimes up to 21 days between, sometimes every 2-3 days, which is why I celebrate the other triumphs like one less meal serving in the day. I also of course wanted to show how active a 15 year old cat can be!

Oh and one more thing..it may not seem like one serving less would make that much difference, but the difference for ME is huge as well, with consolidating that pre-meal. It cuts down a lot on my evening work load, gives me time to relax and rest, and fewer dishes to wash. She is still  waiting for that second serving though. I distract her with a Game.

Mazy is cute... as always.  I wish more people, with older cats, would watch this video.  Older cats CAN continue to be alert and active.

I know, it always makes me sad that people stop playing with their cats after they lose that kitten gogogogo. So many don't want to take the time to learn what the adult cat likes.  If it isn't effortless they can't be bothered.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2019, 05:22:14 AM »
Mazy cat has started to leave half her bedtime meal and I wonder if for some reason she is objecting to the yolk, so as of today I am splitting the yolk into two meals. 1st morning meal and bedtime meal.

She gets 1/4 of a boiled egg yolk daily for choline (increases motility).  That's about 0.14 oz of yolk. I'm trying .07 am and pm now.

Queen Eva gets the FoodFurLife yolk, but I want to keep Mazy cat on organic non GMO as much as possible..

Of course she has FoodFurLife EZcomplete (which contains yolk) and I am assuming the yolk in the EZc is from the same source as the dried yolk powder they sell but....I just want her to stay on the organic yolk.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #367 on: January 15, 2019, 09:41:32 PM »
 Hug1 Hug1

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #368 on: January 17, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »
Splitting the egg yolk am and pm seems to have solved the problem of Mazy cat not finishing her bed time meal

bananamiddlechild

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #369 on: January 17, 2019, 05:29:21 PM »
multistars multistars multistars

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2019, 08:22:47 AM »
Mazy cat had a rough couple of days she must have been loaded with fur. 

She coudln't keep any meals down, but no fur was coming up with them.  Finally last night she puked up her supper with two wads of fur in it.  Then this morning she had a poop that was almost pure fur.  I hope that's the end of it, she did keep down her first breakfast meal.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2019, 11:15:55 AM »
Mazy cat has some good news to report.  She went 16 days between vomits.

A long span like that, as you may know, generally leads to several more days in a row of vomiting.

However, this one did not! She went on for 6 more days vomit free, until this morning.  bananamiddlechild

As for this morning it's hard to know if this vomit is part of her regular pattern or if it's because I made a change too quick.  This morning I started the transition for her breakfast meals from Rad Cat to EZc.

In retrospect, I should have only given her ONE small EZc meal, and continued on with Rad Cat for the rest of the morning, instead of two consecutive meals of EZc.

Mazy cat of course is used to EZc as she eats it for her evening meals every single day. But she's never had it for breakfast before.

So next time, and several more next times,  she will have only one

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2019, 12:58:50 PM »
 HeadButt
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »
Mazy cat has some good news to report.  She went 16 days between vomits.

A long span like that, as you may know, generally leads to several more days in a row of vomiting.

However, this one did not! She went on for 6 more days vomit free, until this morning.  bananamiddlechild

Congratulations!   :)  thumbsup1

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #374 on: February 11, 2019, 05:20:01 AM »
Thanks you guys. I am so happy for her when she has long spans like that that don't lead to further vomiting. Especially it being February which is usually a very rough month for her as the spring shedding starts.

Tags: