Author Topic: Chocolate Truffle Cookies  (Read 1113 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
Of course, I've only got 2 of the chocolates--cocoa and semi-sweet (but I can replace the unsweetened chocolate with 3 tbs cocoa and 1 tbs butter trick), but I AM going to try these in the next couple of weeks. That Jules Gluten-Free all-purpose flour works for everything. And I've tried it in a LOT of things now.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Truffle-Cookies/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=134076512&prop26=HealthyBites&prop27=2014-02-05&prop28=Feature&prop29=TextLink&me=1&eaid=13290236

Recipe by Kevin Barr
A very dark, rich chocolate cookie for the true chocoholic. This recipe uses relatively little flour, resulting in dense, fudge-like cookies. These cookies keep well in the freezer (but you may have a hard time waiting for them to thaw before you eat them.

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 3 dozen

4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

6 tablespoons butter

3 eggs

1 cup white sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the butter stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and the chocolate mixture until well mixed. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for at least an hour or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets so they are 2 inches apart.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:33:20 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Chocolate Truffle Cookies
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »
Did you ever make these, DeeDee?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
Yep. Made them for Valentine's day using my Enjoy Life Chocolate chips, and used the old cocoa powder/butter exchange for the unsweetened chocolate squares.

Then used the all-purpose, gluten free flour and it was TO DIE FOR!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »
I was thinking of making them today, but my unsweetened cocoa is a littttle outdated.  :) 

Glad yours were delicious! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
Cocoa powder isn't one of the things I look at the expiration date of when I've already got it in my house. Now, yes, I'll look at the date in the store. Otherwise I just use it until it's gone.

Tags: