Author Topic: 9th Grade Students' WiFi Experiment Got Serious International Attention. . .Why?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
WiFi Experiment Done By A Group Of 9th Grade Students Got Serious International Attention. THIS Is Why…

Researchers from England, Holland and Sweden have shown great interest in the experiment done by 5 girls from northern Jutland in 9th grade.

They did an experiment for a biology test, so brilliant, that it has attracted international attention among acknowledged biologists and radiation experts.

The girls got really surprised by the sudden attention from all around the world.

“It has been such a rollercoaster ride. I still cannot believe it”, says Lea Nielsen, one of the girls.

“It’s totally overwhelming and exciting. It’s just not something you experience every day”. added Mathilde Nielsen, another girl from the group.

It all started because they found it difficult to concentrate during the school day:

“We all think we have experienced difficulty concentrating in school, if we had slept with the phone next to our head, and sometimes also experienced having difficulty sleeping”, explains Lea Nielsen.

Continued at, and well worth the read: http://ofthebox.org/wifi-experiment-done-group-9th-grade-students-got-serious-international-attention/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Interesting experiment!  That's just one of several reasons why my router is unplugged when it's not in use.  My pc is in another room, and that's off when not in use, plus I turn off the power strip that it's plugged into.

To quote my favorite artist, "Never saw no miracle of science that didn't go from a blessin' to a curse."
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad

To quote my favorite artist, "Never saw no miracle of science that didn't go from a blessin' to a curse."

Sting and a lot of other artists have issued many warnings about lifestyle in their work, but (for the majority) people just look at it as good music and not something to be taken as seriously as should be necessary.

Just as that is, most people that pay attention will be alarmed for themselves, but their animals' safety won't even cause a millisecond of thought.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Definitely an interesting study!

I have heard a LOT of people mention that they sleep with their phones.  Their phone is their alarm clock.  :(
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
I don't have a Wi Fi router so I guess my cats and I are safe. :)

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
My phone is my alarm....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:59:48 AM by AK49BWL »
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
My phone is my alarm....

Then leave it across the room away from your bed.

Tags: