Author Topic: Phooey-had to buy a new fan  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Phooey-had to buy a new fan
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 01:54:58 AM »
PS It is 80 degrees in here right now. It is 71 outside and 90% humidity..

I would have to use the a/c JUST to "suck" out some of the humidity inside.  You are a STRONG woman.   DrLisaPiersonWorthy

It FINALLY got to 75 inside today, which is a good temp for me.
. No a/c...just naturally the inside of your home was a cool 75?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:56:29 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 01:12:18 PM »
No a/c...just naturally the inside of your home was a cool 75?

Yup.  I haven't had the a/c on since last Friday, I think.  The temps REALLY dropped here over the weekend, and it hadn't warmed up (inside) much since.  Even outside . . . it's humid, but not getting out of the low 70's.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 08:02:00 AM »
Your property most likely is well insulated.  Mine isn't.  As soon as I turn the ac off, the cool disappears. Oh well, what would I do if I dind't have something to whine about right?

The fan is scheduled to be delivered today "by 8 pm" but of course, the post office isn't open after 12 so I'm out of luck until Monday.  Silly7

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 08:09:45 AM »
PS I'm tracking it to see if it gets scanned in before noon. It's listed as "out for deleivery" right now.  Unlikely, because they are very lazy over there at that PO, and are more likley to wait until Monday to process it. but there's always hope.  fingerscrossed

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
SO has a truly portable for the garage. Yes, he spends a lot of time in his play room. It cools a 22x36ish space down 20 degrees in 30 minutes and makes very little noise. Wynter is the brand. He has the 14SH - air/heat/dehumifier. Yes, he got out of bed to check it for you.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 08:57:09 AM »
SO has a truly portable for the garage. Yes, he spends a lot of time in his play room. It cools a 22x36ish space down 20 degrees in 30 minutes and makes very little noise. Wynter is the brand. He has the 14SH - air/heat/dehumifier. Yes, he got out of bed to check it for you.

Thank you! (and tell him I said thank you too) bananamiddlechild

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 11:12:53 PM »
Your property most likely is well insulated.  Mine isn't.  As soon as I turn the ac off, the cool disappears. Oh well, what would I do if I dind't have something to whine about right?

The fan is scheduled to be delivered today "by 8 pm" but of course, the post office isn't open after 12 so I'm out of luck until Monday.  Silly7

Your PO doesn't deliver on Sundays?  I sometimes see our carrier driving around on Sundays.  I think they just started doing that this year.

As for insulation . . . I have no idea.  I have an evergreen behind my deck, which faces on the south/southeast side, so it blocks a lot of the sun.  That's great for keeping my place cooler in summer, not so much for letting the sun warm my home in the winter since it keeps its needles.  The issue I have is that a unit on one side of me is vacant, so there's no one there heating/cooling it.  So my heat (in winter) or a/c (in summer) seeps through the wall to go into the other unit.  And now the unit next to THAT one is also vacant, so there's no one on the other side to help heat/cool it with me.   :(  Oh well, not much I can do about it.

I hope your fan comes soon!   fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 07:31:43 AM »
Post office doesn't deliver on Sundays. And I use a PO box.   The post office is closed on Sundays and I use a post office box, so even if it had been scanned in I wouldn't be able to get it. Maybe your carrier is using his truck for personal use or maybe he works on Sunday in some other capacity than delivering mail.

The fan has been delivered, according to the tracking. Must have come in late yesterday afternon (after the PO was closed to customers)

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »
A lot may have to do with construction - insulation and airflow.

SO put in a whole house fan Friday/Saturday. One of the things he missed from the other houses.

Can you open all windows today trying to air things out? When will your new fan come? Can you replace ceiling fixtures with fans with light kits?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 01:07:49 PM »
A lot may have to do with construction - insulation and airflow.

SO put in a whole house fan Friday/Saturday. One of the things he missed from the other houses.

Can you open all windows today trying to air things out? When will your new fan come? Can you replace ceiling fixtures with fans with light kits?

It's too hot to open the windows. I open them at night. :)

I cannot replace ceiling fixtures with fans because 1) I hate ceiling fans and 2) this is not my property.

The fan has been delivered according to the tracking. I'll pick it up tomorrow after work.

bananamiddlechild

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 05:03:12 AM »
I like the fan okay.  It rotates from the base instead of the fan part, kind of weird. Plastic, but no smell to it thank goodness. I returned the expensive one that the blades kept falling off yesterday.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »
Good luck with the new fan!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: