Non Species Specific Furkid Topics > Alternative Healing

EFT can ease your pet’s emotions

(1/2) > >>

DeeDee:
There's a chart in the page. . .

http://animalwellnessmagazine.com/eft-can-ease-pets-emotions/

--- Quote ---Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), or Tapping, can help with anxiety, phobias and related problems in dogs and cats.

Emotional Freedom Technique is a healing modality that can quiet the nervous system in people and pets. Created by Gary Craig in the 1990s, it involves tapping on a sequence of certain acupressure points, mostly around the head and face, with the intention of releasing trapped emotions. EFT, also known as Tapping, releases old thought patterns that create fears, phobias and anxiety in people, dogs and cats. It heals emotional wounds, can alleviate physical pain, and helps animals in training and/or working environments to slow down and focus.

Thousands of years ago, Chinese medicine discovered the meridian system that runs through the human and animal body. The meridians are an energetic map of the body’s physical system. Each acupressure point on the body lies within a meridian system, each meridian system is associated with an organ, and each organ is associated with an emotion. This is why tapping on a particular acupressure point can have a positive influence on emotions.
--- End quote ---

Middle Child:
But...tapping?  Tapping can hurt.  How on earth do you tap a cat around they eye with two fingers?

I'd like to try this but I don't like the idea of tapping.

DeeDee:

--- Quote from: Middle Child on May 26, 2016, 06:59:34 PM ---But...tapping?  Tapping can hurt.  How on earth do you tap a cat around they eye with two fingers?

--- End quote ---

I don't like the eye area part either. But tap yourself on the forehead. It doesn't hurt. You're not trying to beat them to death, just repetitious contact that breaks into everything else and sort of shorts it out until it disappears.

Pookie:

--- Quote from: Middle Child on May 26, 2016, 06:59:34 PM ---But...tapping?  Tapping can hurt.  How on earth do you tap a cat around they eye with two fingers?

--- End quote ---

I didn't read this link, but have read about tapping before.  The version I saw was that you don't need to tap the animal:  you tap yourself.  It's been a while since I read it, but I think while you were tapping yourself you were saying something that referred to the animal you wanted to help.  I'll try to find the site and post the link here.

This isn't the site I'm thinking of, but it also discusses "tapping by proxy."  http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/05/16/eft-on-pets.aspx

Middle Child:

--- Quote from: DeeDee on May 26, 2016, 07:09:57 PM ---I don't like the eye area part either. But tap yourself on the forehead. It doesn't hurt. You're not trying to beat them to death, just repetitious contact that breaks into everything else and sort of shorts it out until it disappears.

--- End quote ---

But that's just it Dee, it DOES hurt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version