Author Topic: Prayers, Positive Thoughts, Good Vibes, etc Needed For Tasha's Sister Sasha  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Daddy took me to see my Oncologist again today. It takes a little over an hour to get there, Mommy lets us take her car for the trip because it's more comfy for me~ I have a hammock in the back seat!

I had my sonogram today. They had to sedate me a little because I didn't want to stay still. My liver was slightly enlarged, but they said that was probably from the sedation. My spleen was a little big too, but Dr Mahoney expected that because I have lymphocytes in my blood. So, overall my sonogram didn't show anything really bad.

My white blood cell count is low. Dr. Mahoney felt that I should still receive my treatment as that should help me to improve my count. My treatment today was vincristine~ what a pretty name for a drug! Side effects from the chemo treatment will usually start 2-4 days after treatment. The vet has given me a drug called cerenia in case I feel sick, I can even take it as a preventative starting on Thursday, and that is probably what I will do.

I'm still taking prednisone (steroid), clavamox (antibiotic), and now the vet has given me Baytril which is another antibiotic. Since my white blood cell count is so low, it is possible that I could get an infection. Mom thinks maybe I should be put in a bubble!

I want to thank everybody for the PotP, Purrs, well wishes and rosettes for my page!

Anyway, I'm not feeling to well right now; I have never done well with sedation. Mommy says my eyes look googely! I'm gonna go lay down for a while.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/968971/diary  Diary has been removed.

"Sadly, our best hope is for a long remission as this cancer cannot be cured. We know that it will come back and when it does it will be more resistant to treatment. We are simply buying time with her."
:'(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:43:04 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
All paws crossed for Sasha.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:20:01 AM by Lola, Reason: edited subject line »

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Looooooooooooove this picture.  (Stolen Borrowed from her Dogster account)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:20:19 AM by Lola, Reason: edited subject line »

Offline Tasha

• Yapper
Awww, thank you!  I need to point out Sasha is a girlie girl  :D

I plan on updating her diary at least weekly, so many people want to know how she is doing and that makes me feel really good.

One day at a time, but we are hopeful that we will achieve a long remission  :-*
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:20:33 AM by Lola, Reason: edited subject line »

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Awww, thank you!  I need to point out Sasha is a girlie girl  :D

I plan on updating her diary at least weekly, so many people want to know how she is doing and that makes me feel really good.

One day at a time, but we are hopeful that we will achieve a long remission  :-*

Doh1  I knew that!   :-[
My apologies to Sasha.   :-*
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:20:44 AM by Lola »

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Looking forward to reading the diary updates at Dogster.

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Hi Tasha sending positive thoughts your way for Sasha. Thank you for writing a little diary, we are here for you. :-*
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
 grouphug Tasha  grouphug Sasha  grouphug

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Stopped in this thread, when I saw there were new posts.  Just LOVE be greeted by Sasha's face...

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
My results to see if I had B cells or T cells came back inconclusive yesterday; the test showed that I actually have leukemia. The origin of my cancer is from my bone marrow, not my lymph nodes.

Leukemias are treated pretty much like lymphoma; with chemotherapy. The main difference is my prognosis is not as good with leukemia.

More tests are being done at Colorado State University to gather more information about my diagnosis.

Mommy & Daddy talked last night and the agree that the most important thing is to keep me happy and comfortable. They also spoke with Dr. Mahoney last night and she has encouraged them to continue my treatments.

Mommy worries most that the chemo treatments themselves have negative effects. I had a treatment on Tuesday and on Wednesday I didn't want to go for my walks. I have also been raising all of the hairs on my back whenever I go outside; mom calls it a "faux hawk". The vet doesn't know what it means. Yesterday I took my cerenia, which is an anti-nausea medication. I had a great day, ate well and did a full walk.

Would I have good days like yesterday if I wasn't receiving treatment? With such aggressive cancer, probably not. So moving forward with this in mind we are going to continue my treatment. If at any time my pawrents feel that treatment is no longer beneficial, they will stop.

I will continue to keep you posted. Thank you again for the well wishes, purrs & thoughts!

xoxoxo Sasha

My sweet friend Kally Kat has created a candle link where my friends can go and light a candle for me.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Sasha
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:21:12 PM by Lola »

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
I had another appointment with my oncologist today and mommy took the afternoon out of work to go on the road trip with me and daddy.

Before we left, we went on a nice walk. It was over 50 degrees out today, so a lot of the snow is melting. After my last chemo treatment, I lost interest in my walks. The effects of the treatment were starting to wear off, so I was feeling more like my old self today.

It took us over an hour to get to my appointment. Dr. Mahoney checked my blood and found that my white blood cells are even lower than last week. I was supposed to get a drug called cytoxan today, but Dr. Mahoney felt that giving me that treatment might make my count even lower. So, no chemo today.

We got the test results back from Colorado State University, but the test didn't detect any leukemia cells, probably because they were killed off by last weeks treatment. So, it looks like we won't be getting any new information about my diagnosis.

I lost 3 pounds. This could be from the prednisone, a side effect of prednisone is muscle wasting.

I got fluids today. I was a little dehydrated, so it should help. Daddy is going to give me fluids at home if I need more.

Mommy & daddy are going to monitor me closely. If you saw me today, you might notice that I lost those 3 pounds, but I'm still smiling and happy.

Hoping for more happy days with my family.

xoxoxo Sasha

grouphug for Sasha, Sasha's parents, TT, and Tasha. 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
If members would like to show Sasha and her family some support:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Sasha

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth