Author Topic: Vets vs. Breeders  (Read 711 times)

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Vets vs. Breeders
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8150641/the-breeder-knows-everything 

I somewhat agree with this video.  The breeder is irresponsible for selling mutts and calling them purebreds.  But my agreement really stops there.  I think there are a lot of  responsible breeders who do know what they are talking about, more so than most vets.  Take one of the breeders that I know on facebook for example.  They breed responsibly and make sure the lines are pure, dogs are healthy, and take amazing care of them.  But, a lot of vets cringe when someone gets a dog from them, because of the contract they sign.

They sign a contract saying they will continue to feed raw, will do the vaccines breeder says but only those, and are taught about taking care of the dog using natural (and SAFE) means. 

Yeah, vets hate that, and that comes across in this video that all the people in my class are in love with.  Well, not everyone, but that is another post.  Don't you love how they put a nice little plug in for Science Diet in this ;)

Sorry for the rant, hopefully it makes some sense, my brain is fried from exams.

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Vets vs. Breeders
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:18 PM »
The McVets are against anything which goes against the Hand that feeds them.  The PFI essentially owns them, their research, their $$$ equipment.... (co-owners with Big Pharma, apparently.) 

They have to attack appropriate diets -- or go broke from all the magically cured, healthy companion carnivores. 

NEVER be sorry!!   :-* :-* HeadButt HeadButt
Bet you ACE the exams (if you haven't already done so.)

Tags:

'Hare