Author Topic: Queen Eva has Taken Over The Bed  (Read 83 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Queen Eva has Taken Over The Bed
« on: February 16, 2019, 07:44:16 AM »
She is HILARIOUS!  I didn't realize that the bed was actually Jennie's Domain.  I mean we all sleep in it of course, and Queen Eva has her Morning Game Under the Sheet.

But judging by Queen Eva's behavior now, it WAS Jennie's, and as of last weekend the bed has unequivocally become HERS.

The first thing that happened was I got out the down comforter.  I didn't get it out this last beginning of winter because it just would have been too difficult to clean if Jennie Angel had soiled it during her illness.

So I got the comforter out and spread it on the bed.  Queen Eva jumped up and spread her body over the bed.  How a tiny 7 pound cat can cover a queen size bed, I do not know, but she does it.

She's moved in some special toys that now live on the bed, plus a sheet of brown packing paper.

She perches on the corner and waits for me to walk by, if I turn into the bedroom, or even look her way, she sings this song while she  gets up, does this roll and flop onto the bed, stretches her body all over the bed all the while singing her song.

She no longer wants to play her Morning Game Under The Sheet.  She wants me to make the bed immediately, with the down comforter spread out.

When I make the bed, I must flap the comforter while she high steps all over it. Then I must pick up all the toys she has designated as Bed Toys and put them on the bed. 

funny2 love1

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Queen Eva has Taken Over The Bed
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 08:09:26 AM »
I've managed to get a little bit of video.  It was dark so I had to lighten it which made it a little blurry but hopefully you can get the gist of it anyway. I hope you can hear her sing too. Unfortunately if you turn up the sound to hear her sing you hear me louder, too.

Next time I shoot,  I'll try to remember to stay silent.  funny2

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 10:10:18 PM »
But judging by Queen Eva's behavior now, it WAS Jennie's, and as of last weekend the bed has unequivocally become HERS.

Well, she IS the Queen.   queencc
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:05:29 AM »
This morning I was not fast enough making the bed for Queen Eva. Queen Eva sat on the back of the couch (which is also un-made, because of a bad night) and every time I looked her way she trilled, jumped down and ran to the bed and sat on the edge still trilling. 

This went on for quite some time as I had a bad night and it took a couple of cups of coffee and almost 2 hours for me to work up the energy to make the bed.

I have now made the bed to her specifications and given her a Game and she is in there singing to her heart's content.  I better fix all the couch blankies and beds before she starts hollering about that too.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 01:19:56 PM »
 funny2 funny2 funny2

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:25:58 AM »
Queen Eva still rules the bed and demands that I make it quickly in the morning and put all her things back on it,  so her Playground is the way she wants it.

Queen Eva continues to ..move in...to the spaces our Jennie Angel has left empty.  She's started sitting in Jennie's Wait Spots while I eat my supper.  Jennie lived to eat, and part of her nightly routine was to watch me eat, and wait for her taste of my supper when I was finished. I always gave her a tiny taste from my meal, and she always waited patiently for it, unless I stepped away from the table, then she would move in faster than a camera can catch!

So now Queen Eva has started doing this.  She sits in one of the Designated Wait Spots and watches me eat. When I get up to wash a dish she moves in...but watching me all the time to see if I will chase her back (I do  funny2) At the end of the meal I offer her a tiny taste and she takes it.

She now gets under the covers onto my legs, every night, on the couch.  Getting under the covers isn't new behavior for Queen Eva, but the timing and frequency of it is.  In the evening before bed time I get on the couch to read and they wait until I am settled to pile on. Jennie always parked on my midsection, which Queen Eva never seemed to want to deal with, except on special occasions like a Sunday-afternoon-on-the-couch session.

But without that (perceived) obstacle of Jennie on my midsection, Queen Eva comes every night to burrow down.  Like this old video shows. Too bad you can't hear her chirps and singing, it's so delightful, but my camera just won't pick those sounds up.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:47:04 AM »
 funny2  Too cute and funny!

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth