Author Topic: Questioning about ordering online  (Read 1592 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Questioning about ordering online
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:20:48 PM »
We're thinking about ordering from petfooddirect.com for their kibble part; since, even though they get only a small amount a day and we don't have to shop that often, we'd still save quite a bit of money

1. taxes for now anyway
2. $5-10 savings, compared to the store, per bag depending on which flavor/variety we get
3. and free delivery would save quite a bit of gas now that we no longer live in town anywhere near the next town that has it--we
    spend at least an hour driving there and back IF we don't get caught in a traffic jam.
4. Plus the 15% extra savings on top if I set it up for regular delivery

Anyone have any continued experience with petfooddirect.com? Is their delivery fast? How long for the free delivery? Is there a site that's better than this one?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Questioning about ordering online
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:55:06 PM »
Before you settle on PFD, check their sister store nationalpetpharmacy.com.  I use the auto ship on nationalpetpharmacy for canned cat food.

However I also keep an eye out to all the other on line stores (including PFD) I like to shop in,  for promotions and sales that might save me a buck or two above what I save with the autoship.  The autoship can be changed/postponed, customized, so if I find a sale elsewhere I simply change the date I want my next autoshipment from nationalpethoarmacy.

Hope that makes sense, I am very tired.

I have also used Amazon's subscirbe and save program.  Same thing, very flexible.

You just have to stay on top of it is all.

Delivery for PFD is fast and reliable, as ii is for nationalpetpharmacy too.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
Okay, MC. Thank you!!!

I'll just start a new folder in the toolbar and throw these sites into it so I don't forget to look at all!

If I can change that regular delivery thing, then I might go ahead and do it--Wanting to leave for a trip was kind of holding me back.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:01:31 AM »
I buy from the ones MC mentioned.  I also use PetFlow.com. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 11:52:19 PM »
Another one that has pretty much the same options as petfooddirect is Pet360. They are sister sites I believe. I haven't ordered from either yet, but have worked with Pet360 on blogging projects. If you ever decide to order through either of them, I recently became an affiliate for them. Which means I get a small percentage of any sales they make from links on my blog.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 01:10:11 AM »
Another one that has pretty much the same options as petfooddirect is Pet360. They are sister sites I believe. I haven't ordered from either yet, but have worked with Pet360 on blogging projects. If you ever decide to order through either of them, I recently became an affiliate for them. Which means I get a small percentage of any sales they make from links on my blog.

Okiedokie! I'll remember that for when I order other things. We've quit kibble altogether now, but I still buy a lot of other things.

Our finicky Barkly likes Dr. Harvey's Oracle, so now we're using that for emergency food. It's the first dehydrated raw that he'd eat to have something to depend on that didn't need a refrigerator; so goodbye kibble. Unfortunately, most dogs won't ever eat kibble again if you don't keep them eating it consistently.  Hence the reason they were eating it for a snack every day.

They're right though. They won't. Shocked the heck out of me Saturday at a Bark Party when neither of them would eat some free, (garbanzo bean/oat flours) crunchy treat samples. Of course, Tasty Tuesday could have something to do with that too.  :-\

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 05:25:16 AM »

Find a good spot to post the affiliate link here.  I will certainly check them out.  I order LOTS of pet food.  lol

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 06:54:28 AM »
Oh I just got done reading about Dr. Harvey's Oracle. That stuff sounds pretty tasty!

You can find my affiliate links in the sidebar under "Sponsors & Affiliates" near the top of the page. Of if you scroll down, there are some links under "Pet Deals & More" towards the bottom. http://mypawsitivelypets.com

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »
Oh I just got done reading about Dr. Harvey's Oracle. That stuff sounds pretty tasty!

PepperPom really likes it too. Dr. Harvey is also in Twitter. He's been really helpful with our problem. Weird fact--unlike a lot of social media for products...he is actually the one talking to you a lot of the time instead of someone else in the company or hired by the company.

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 07:23:53 PM »
Yea I read about it at Pepper's Paws too! I think that it's pretty awesome he does his own Twitter thing. You're right it's not something you see much with companies or brands.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »

You can find my affiliate links in the sidebar under "Sponsors & Affiliates" near the top of the page. Of if you scroll down, there are some links under "Pet Deals & More" towards the bottom. http://mypawsitivelypets.com

http://www.pet360.com/shop/animal-type/dog/category/toys?extcid=aff&irpid=66434&iradid=56480&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=ImpactRadius

:)

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »
Yep that looks about right. I change them sometimes too if I see they have sales and whatnot

Tags:

'Hare