Author Topic: So my city just passed an ordinance limiting people to 3 dogs...  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
and they aren't making any allowances for people who already own more than 3. So people, even those who are taking proper care of their pets, who have more than 3 dogs now have to choose which ones to get rid or, or they will be fined, jailed, and have all their pets confiscated.

...this is the reason we live in the country, outside city limits. This is the same city, by the way, that a couple of years ago annexed people's private land that was outside city limits in order to "expand".

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: So my city just passed an ordinance limiting people to 3 dogs...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »
OMG... I can NOT believe those with more than 3 dogs won't be grandfathered in!!  W O W 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:53:50 AM »
This is insane.  What do they think will happen to all those dogs?  Does the city want to cost of them on their hands?  These gestapo state cities are getting out of control.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »
jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

Someone's going to take that to court.  I'd bet on it.  And if they don't, well . . .  pangif

I have to wonder, was the general public at the meetings where this was discussed, so they could raise heck?  Did the press even report this was up for discussion at the meetings?  I know it's not always easy to go to meetings like that, but these days, with government making decisions like this, it's a necessity.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:14:41 AM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »
I'm waiting for all of us to have the choice of a microchip inserted into us, or a bar-code tattooed on us. That day IS coming.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »
The public wasn't consulted, as far as I know. Its causing a big ruckus. Its on the news. People are angry.

Tags:

'Hare