Author Topic: Lacy Has Become Attached To Sparky's Kong Toy...  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Lacy Has Become Attached To Sparky's Kong Toy...
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
...recently.
It just makes me wonder what is going on in her head and heart.  Lola (cat) changed when her BFF Leonard passed.  Lacy changed when Sparky left us.  They never quite get back to who they were before the loss. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Lacy Has Become Attached To Sparky's Kong Toy...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »
That's why we got Barkly for Dannyboy as soon as possible, and why we got Vlad for Barkly as soon as possible. Couldn't stand living around dogs so depressed that they didn't want to be left alone or even eat half the time.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 05:43:22 PM »
I thought about getting her a buddy, but.... she is almost 10 years old.  We have a houseful.  We aren't getting any younger. 
For a while, her and Lola looked like they were going to buddy up.  They played together and often slept together. Now, they just sniff each other's butts and move on. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:44:30 PM »
I thought about getting her a buddy, but.... she is almost 10 years old.  We have a houseful.  We aren't getting any younger. 

You could get her an older buddy . . . KIDDING!  You do have a houseful.  I have no idea how you do it.   DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Now, they just sniff each other's butts and move on. 

funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:42:46 AM »
...recently.
It just makes me wonder what is going on in her head and heart.  Lola (cat) changed when her BFF Leonard passed.  Lacy changed when Sparky left us.  They never quite get back to who they were before the loss. 

Awwwww...!

That's so true.  Tolly grieved for his Bibbs for a whole year.  Eventually he came back to himself but he lost just a bit of his sparkle, that never returned.

For a while, her and Lola looked like they were going to buddy up.  They played together and often slept together. Now, they just sniff each other's butts and move on. 

Well that's friendly!  :-*

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:19:27 AM »
You could get her an older buddy . . . KIDDING!  You do have a houseful.  I have no idea how you do it.   DrLisaPiersonWorthy

funny2

LMAO. I was thinking the same thing!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 04:39:41 PM »
Actually, an older dog would have been my first choice for many reasons.  We are going to leave things as they are.  If another dog is meant to be... one will be "dropped" in our path. 

Tags:

'Hare