Author Topic: Something I'm sick of. . .  (Read 325 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Something I'm sick of. . .
« on: January 06, 2018, 01:53:54 PM »
I'm SO sick of dogs being taken into places they aren't supposed to be. Target has a "service dogs only" policy, yet some little corgi mixed-breed has gone viral b/c of photos that were taken of it being in Target.

In NONE of those photos going around is there any indication at all of the dog being trained for service. Feel free to also give https://twitter.com/zirathecorgi a piece of your mind. Yep. I did in both FB and Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/zirathecorgi/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: Something I'm sick of. . .
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 12:22:42 AM »
I'm a firm believer... leave your non-service dog at home!  In a shopping cart is not okay.  In your purse is not okay. 

Did you read this?
http://naturalhealthycbd.com/blog/how-is-this-adorable-puppy-going-viral-inciting-hate-and-harassment/
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 06:57:16 AM »
I'm a firm believer... leave your non-service dog at home!  In a shopping cart is not okay.  In your purse is not okay. 

Did you read this?
http://naturalhealthycbd.com/blog/how-is-this-adorable-puppy-going-viral-inciting-hate-and-harassment/

Not fair to Zira? No one has said they have a problem with Zira. They have a problem with Zira's owners. Who wrote that? Hippies at Woodstock? "Zira admitted her mistake." Gimme a break!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:58:47 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »
Not fair to Zira? No one has said they have a problem with Zira. They have a problem with Zira's owners. Who wrote that? Hippies at Woodstock? "Zira admitted her mistake." Gimme a break!

The part I meant to point out... the owner apologized and then the next pictures were of the dog in a pet friendly place.  It seems the "bullies"  ::) (people that were pointing out that taking a dog into Target is not cool) got through to the dog owner. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
Well there is that. But everyone is contributing it to Zira. This is a serious enough issue that you shouldn't be trying to third-person-blog it away. That's just not cool. It should be first-person-owner apologizing for it.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 12:50:41 PM »
Well there is that. But everyone is contributing it to Zira. This is a serious enough issue that you shouldn't be trying to third-person-blog it away. That's just not cool. It should be first-person-owner apologizing for it.

Yeah, that blog person is kind of a pinhead.  IMHO   The owner of the dog was WRONG.  People pointed it out.  That isn't bullying. 
I just Googled to see if the owner apologized... found the blog... and posted that info.  I didn't want to go through a bazillion of the owner's posts to find an apology.  The blog was easier.   Silly7
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:53:09 PM by Lola »

Tags:

'Hare