Author Topic: Here's something I never expected to see  (Read 548 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Here's something I never expected to see
« on: January 19, 2018, 05:41:27 AM »
Here's something I never thought I'd see.  And probably will never see again. Jennie just really really wanted that Spot and Mazy cat was already in it.  I was reading in the other corner of the couch, under the sewing lamp, because Mazy cat had taken the prime couch spot.  But Jennie decided to take matters into her own hands.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: Here's something I never expected to see
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:46:16 PM »
I assume they don't normally share spaces? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »
Not ever.  Jennie isn't a snuggler with other cats.  The only cat she would allow to sleep with her was Tolly Sweet Pea. Even that was rare, but she did allow him to curl up with her a time or two after his Ootay Princess left us.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »
I didn't view that picture as two cats that adore each other.  I saw it one cat allowing the other to share the spot... as long as the proximity rules were obeyed.  ;)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 05:57:41 AM »
I didn't view that picture as two cats that adore each other.  I saw it one cat allowing the other to share the spot... as long as the proximity rules were obeyed.  ;)

LOL, I have seen facial expressions like that on people who were forced to sit too close to a stranger on the subway - "yeah, I'm not going to make a scene, but please get off at the next stop." 

How long did they stay like that, MC?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 08:31:01 AM »

They do love each other. But Jennie has never been one to want to curl up with another cat.

LOL, I have seen facial expressions like that on people who were forced to sit too close to a stranger on the subway - "yeah, I'm not going to make a scene, but please get off at the next stop." 

How long did they stay like that, MC?

About an hour.  I think Mazy cat would have liked to curl up with Jennie, but she knew that wasn't why Jennie was there.  Jennie simply wanted that spot.  They all love the down throw.  Queen Eva the Burrower sleeps IN it (she's in there right now).

Holy cow - I was just looking for a recent picture of Queen Eva's Burrow and I found this one taken on 11/23! I had forgotten that this happened before.  It happens when I decide to let Mazy cat have the spot and sit myself at the other end of the couch. Maybe it's a trend!

Look closely..she's in there

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 10:23:22 PM »
In that first pic, is she that little lump between Jennie and Mazy?

Pic #2 had me laughing.  That just cracks me up -- 2 yellow eyes glowing in the dark.   funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »
In that first pic, is she that little lump between Jennie and Mazy?

Pic #2 had me laughing.  That just cracks me up -- 2 yellow eyes glowing in the dark.   funny2

No, no one gets on it if Queen Eva is in it.  Last night I was in bed with Jennie curled in my arms.  Queen Eva got in Jennie's bed-bed and started digging around in it like she was going to make a Burrow.  (I know she does that sometimes, I do have pictures)  Jennie didn't approve and srpang out of my arms and chased Queen Eva off the bed, then got in her bed-bed and patted everything back into place.

Those eyes glowing out of a Burrow...I have thousands of pictures of that.  I just can't resist it, when I see it.  funny2

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »
No, no one gets on it if Queen Eva is in it.  Last night I was in bed with Jennie curled in my arms.  Queen Eva got in Jennie's bed-bed and started digging around in it like she was going to make a Burrow.  (I know she does that sometimes, I do have pictures)  Jennie didn't approve and srpang out of my arms and chased Queen Eva off the bed, then got in her bed-bed and patted everything back into place.

Those eyes glowing out of a Burrow...I have thousands of pictures of that.  I just can't resist it, when I see it.  funny2

I'm still looking for a picture of Queen Eva's Burrow in Jennie's bed-bed.  But in the meantime I found this one.  Mazy cat very very rarely wil try to sleep with Queen Eva.  Usually Queen Eva will pounce, which annoys Mazy cat and she won't stay.  Sometimes she does manage to tip toe in. This was taken in March 2016

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 08:44:14 AM »
This is the picture I use for my desktop at work.  Each cat using a bed I made for them. While they don't pile, they do like to always be in sight of one another.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »
 love1

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids