Author Topic: New Dog, Misa!  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: New Dog, Misa!
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »
While she was sitting next to me, I got kisses again.  Hubby saw the whole thing and was SO jealous!  I'll have to figure out a signal "no kisses in front of Dad."  :)

LOL!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2018, 04:35:58 AM »
 bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild

Sounds like Misa is starting to realize she's on to something good!

(PS how is Misa pronounced?)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2018, 10:59:17 AM »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2018, 11:10:51 AM »
That's what I thought (how to pronounce Misa)!  Pretty!

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »
I didn't take the picture, but it gives you a better idea of her body type.  She is cutie pie!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2018, 01:04:07 PM »
I could be totally off base here, esp. since I don't know much about dog breeds (other than beagle), but the back half (starting after her front legs) of her makes me think there's some Chow in there.  Not the Purina kind of chow, but dog breed "Chow," just with shorter fur.

She is cutie pie!

Yes she is!   :-* :-* :-*   doggif

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2018, 08:17:03 AM »
Her rescue mom referred to her as "Pit, Chow, Shepard, and some other breeds."  "Anything you want her to be."  lol
In person, her face has a strong resemblance to a Pit.  She has the big huge Pit smile.  And the eyes...

It doesn't matter to me what she is mixed with.... I just need her paper work to show a non-bully breed.  I keep looking for something non-bully...

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2018, 08:48:21 AM »
Vet visit today!  It will be different taking a dog that loves other animals, but not people.  Totally opposite of Lacy dog. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2018, 10:11:07 AM »
Vet visit today!  It will be different taking a dog that loves other animals, but not people.  Totally opposite of Lacy dog. 

That will be a great change for you!

Her rescue mom referred to her as "Pit, Chow, Shepard, and some other breeds."  "Anything you want her to be."  lol
In person, her face has a strong resemblance to a Pit.  She has the big huge Pit smile.  And the eyes...

It doesn't matter to me what she is mixed with.... I just need her paper work to show a non-bully breed.  I keep looking for something non-bully...

I'm still sticking with a Carolina. Though breeders are trying their best to make the dogs a certain standard, like any other breed that's younger to the dog world, some are still "throwbacks" in that they don't always look exactly the same type.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »
The vet office has "Carolina Wild Dog" as a description.  I assume she was using some kind of generic dog description do-hickey.  Let's assume she was.  If those are the words vet office sees... then the county could likely have that same info. 

I don't care what the vet office thinks... Misa can't be listed, with the county, as a bully breed or wild dog.  She needs to be a non-bully mix. She can be mixed with anything... just not the first word in the description.   

And no, I'm not going to "fight" with anyone to prove that a Carolina dog is a good thing... 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:58:07 PM by Lola, Reason: spelling »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2018, 10:52:20 AM »
I'm just really not sure where that office gets "wild" from because it's absolutely not, nor has it ever, been part of the Carolina Dog name. Some have called them American Dingos, but not wild. That's breed prejudice at it's finest.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »
Maybe they used Wikipedia, and just picked out the word "feral."  ::)

The Carolina dog is a landrace of medium-sized, feral dog that lives mostly in the Southeastern United States, especially in isolated stretches of longleaf pines and cypress swamps.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2018, 02:55:02 PM »
Vet visit today.

I wanted to put a harness on Misa for the car ride.  I like to be able to clip the dog seatbelt to a harness.  However.... it was explained to me, that when Misa has used up all her patience, she will give a person a nose bump as a warning.  While "dressing" Misa in the harness, I got the nose bump.  Not being sure just how far I should push, I skipped the harness.   Yes, we drove totally unsafely to the vet office.

Backing up for a minute...Getting her into the car...  total comedy... I had to get into the back seat first.  I guess she decided if it was good enough for me, it was good enough for her.  She got in, and I went out the other side.  We are doing all of this in the garage, with the door closed... if you are wondering.  No chance of flight, under my watch!

The car ride... piece of cake!  Misa was anxious in the car, but she sat pretty much in one spot very nicely. 

NO difference between her behavior and Lacy's at the vets!  Their fears are/were for different reasons, but same experience... for me.
It is kinda funny, because I was expecting a "challenge" with Misa.  Nope...everything went just like normal.  ;)

To keep with tradition... good girls get a McDonalds hamburger. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
Maybe they used Wikipedia, and just picked out the word "feral."  ::)

Maybe I should just go into that wiki article and change it to something more realistic. They're foundation stock for Pete's sake.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2018, 10:21:10 PM »
Did the vet give her health a "thumbs-up?"  And did Misa enjoy her burger?

I'm glad the ride went well, and the vet visit (or at least, not more challenging than anticipated).

Tags:

'Hare