Author Topic: Misa - Learning To Trust Humans  (Read 3544 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Misa - Learning To Trust Humans
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »
Those are fine. I love them because they don't stink, and V&B seem to love them just as much as the stinky ones.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 05:25:34 AM »
I would advice not becoming complacent about the "not being a gulper".  She may yet change, as she feels more confident.  :)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 11:47:35 AM »
I would advice not becoming complacent about the "not being a gulper".  She may yet change, as she feels more confident.  :)

I never was one that allowed dogs to have chews without supervision.  I don't mean I stay right with the dog 100% of the time.  I keep the dog within my view... for the most part. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 01:53:15 PM »
When I got home from work this morning, I was greeted with some serious tag wagging!!!  :)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 02:37:25 PM »
 DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy Hug1
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 08:15:15 PM »
When I got home from work this morning, I was greeted with some serious tag wagging!!!  :)

Awwww!!!!   love1 love1 love1 love1 love1 love1 love1 love1 multistars multistars multistars multistars multistars
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 09:04:13 AM »

Oh That's wonderful!

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
Thanks all.
Misa is doing good. Going slowly, but going! 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 11:47:35 PM »
I have been thinking about giving her some Rescue Remedy, or some kind of natural calming remedy.  Just toying with the idea, at this point.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 05:13:43 AM »
Is she having a hard time?

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »
Is she having a hard time?

She is making a lot of progress.  It is slow coming, but every day is better.  I was just thinking, it must suck to be stressed out for 3 weeks. 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »
I was reading about this product.  It is a "stretch" for me.  I don't know enough, to say that I believe or don't believe in these ingredients, reiki, etc. 

For those that do... what do you think?

This solution helps ease those short-duration stresses such as vet visits, fireworks, houseguests, thunderstorms, boarding and remodeling by helping your pet feel grounded and protected.

Ingredients: This solution contains Natural Spring Water, Alcohol (as a preservative), Essence of Lotus, Lakshmi, Full Color Spectrum, Reiki Energy, and the following essences:

Aspen, Basil, Blackberry, Canna Lily, Canyon Dudleya, Cat's Claw, Chiton, Five-Flower Formula, Grounding Essence, Lantana Involucrata, Mimulus, Mountain Pool, Orange, Pelican, Pennyroyal, Scleranthus, Staghorn Algae, Sweet Chestnut, The Watchman, Valerian, White Cedar.

https://www.jacksongalaxy.com/products/stress-stopper.html

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 05:03:50 AM »
Not sure how a product can "contain" Reiki.  Reiki is a source of energy.  But I certainly don't know everything and maybe it is possible. I have a friend on the other side of the continent who practices animal Reiki and she has helped two of my cats, greatly.

I don't know the ingredients either. Worth a try?  I am very happy with Rescue Remedy for Pets for Mazy cat, though it doens't seem to have any effect on the other two cats. It doesn't have alcohol in it, which I prefer.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03:44 AM »
How about some pheromones? A Diffuser and spray on her chest? I know for a fact that both of these are unscented. I've never tried the collars, but I'm sure they work too. We keep a diffuser in the RV. However, I'm not sure those collars are unscented. I tried a different brand of pheromone collar, and the silly thing was so icky scented that I threw it away after a storm.

I also use https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/naturvet-quiet-moments-calming-aid-dog-soft-chews before big storms.

They don't have the K10+ Calming at Petco anymore, so I tried these in a pinch since I needed it for an upcoming storm and there wasn't time to get it in the mail. These seem to work just as well as the K10+ though.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »
Not sure how a product can "contain" Reiki.  Reiki is a source of energy.  But I certainly don't know everything and maybe it is possible.

I was thinking the same thing -- I've never heard of Reiki in a bottle.  But like MC, I don't know and maybe it's possible.   :-\  Personally, I think I would start with the pet (no alcohol) Rescue Remedy and/or the canine Feliway (pheromones), I think it's D.A.P. and see if either or both work.  My first choice would be the Rescue Remedy, since you're not using a diffuser that everyone else will smell, even if it's just a small area.  DeeDee's soft chews might also be a good option.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags:

'Hare