Author Topic: Say a prayer for this doggie  (Read 198 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Say a prayer for this doggie
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:38:13 PM »
I just saw an elderly golden retriever type dog, along the side of the road on my way home from work. S/he has tags dangling from a leather collar. S/he wouldn't let me get close to him, and I was afraid to chase.. I have called the radio station and local vets to report this as well. please say a prayer for him, he looked very sad and thin and rough coat.

If he had let me catch him I would have just brought him to the vet, but he shied away and I was afraid to chase him, scare him and make him go into hiding.

I have also called both dog control officers (adjoining town lines) and the city police dept even though the location is outside the city limits.

The control officer in the town he is actually in (it's right on the border between the two) was wonderful and said she is going to try to get over there to look for him tonight, before dark.

The shelter is closed or  would have called them too.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Say a prayer for this doggie
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »
*praying that woman finds the dog before dark*

With tags still hanging on the collar, it sounds like a dog that's been lost. Generally if someone abandons a dog, they take the collar and tags off.

Thank you so much for calling for help instead of just ignoring it. So many people just ignore animals they see loose. It's depressing.

grouphug grouphug grouphug
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:22:53 PM »
I hope she found him (or her), too.  It's pouring out now.  When she started googling the area, so she would know where to look, once she realized where it was she did say she might know who the humans are. 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
Will the person update you about the dog?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »
Probably not. She was awesome though.

Tags:

'Hare