Author Topic: Some Diva pics  (Read 210 times)

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Some Diva pics
« on: November 18, 2018, 01:17:00 AM »
It's more or less Diva's birthday (as close as I can figure lol... I kinda just lined it up with my parents' anniversary funny2) so I'm just gonna spam some pics of her in her favorite place: My lap lol
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:19:27 AM by AK49BWL »
Brandon

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Re: Some Diva pics
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 01:24:22 AM »
Had to take her to the vet two weeks ago because she simply up and quit eating. Vet checked temp (101, normal?), did bloodwork, xray, ultrasound... Couldn't find anything wrong with her. He gave her an anti-nausea injection, gave me a cream to put on her ear to stimulate her appetite, and a fluid bag to use on her if she still wouldn't eat, until I could next get her to the vet.. thankfully, that was not required. I'm experienced in doing sub-q, but would rather avoid it :P ..................anyway. She's doing good now, eating everything she's given again.

Some post-vet pics... They had to sedate her because she got quite angry and never calmed down when they shoved a thermometer you-know-where ... lol. She's still recovering in the first pic, second shows where they shaved for the ultrasound...And I clip her claws in this position, she gives me no fuss :)
Brandon

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 01:26:54 AM »
Bit of a photoshoot here... I was preparing my work lunch in the kitchen and Diva would not leave me alone.. So I picked her up and stuck her behind my head, because she loves it up there.. So this ensued.
Brandon

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 01:29:52 AM »
and some misc pics...

Spider-cat (because it looks like all her legs are on one side of her body and the other four would be under the covers funny2)

her other favorite place, on top of me in bed...

and a random.
Brandon

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 01:33:32 AM »
PS.. Not that I'm complaining ...tooooooo much. But is it normal that she has been EXTRA CLINGY since the vet visit? I mean, she used to never let me out of her sight anyway as it was, but ever since the vet visit, she is not happy unless she is ON me. It's a little unnerving when I'm trying to get things done around the house and she's constantly underfoot. I worry about stepping on her. It's already happened once...
Brandon

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 08:42:14 AM »
It can take some cats time to recover from the stress, especially if she had to be sedated.  Glad she's okay, love the pics. Precious girl!

How's Buddy?  I miss hearing about him too. Is he still a roaming man?

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 10:11:56 AM »
Very happy birthday wishes to your beautiful girl!

Is she back to eating normally? As far as her being clingy - female and cat. What else can one say? Enjoy it while it lasts.

Her make up is simply beautiful.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
Yes she is eating normally again. She's never been food motivated at all, and she's a grazer to say the least.. But she does eat everything before the next feeding is due to go down, so I guess I can take comfort in that.

Buddy is still around, tho he spends more time with the kids across the street who feed him as well these days. He's still the loviest kitty ever, and he and Diva often play through the living room window lol. I really so think I should bring another kitty into Diva's life... But I don't think I can handle another one. I want..But I don't have time. I'm probably too busy for the one I have already...
Brandon

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 09:17:24 PM »
Happy Birthday, Diva!

birthday4 birthday7 birthday1 Birthday3 birthday3 birthday6 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2

Thanks for the Buddy update.  I was wondering about him, too.  I'm also glad Miss Diva is back to her usual eating habits.  As for her post-vet behavior, I don't recall Pookie or his sister behaving like that, but then, they didn't get angry or need to be sedated while at the vet.  Just a suggestion:  talk to Diva, and tell her everything's ok, she's safe and you love her, but she needs to give you a little more room when you're doing things because you don't want to accidentally hurt her.  And keep talking to her about it.  Maybe she'll finally realized she's safe and relax a bit.  Which reminds me . . . maybe some Rescue Remedy would help?  Or Feliway?  And I would definitely use the Feliway with her the next time she has to go to the vet.

Thanks for the pics!  You can tell she loves her Daddy!  heartbeatgif
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »
Diva is beautiful!  You are looking pretty good also, Brandon.   Silly7
Seriously, you got some great shots!  Thanks for sharing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Diva!!!!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags:

'Hare