Author Topic: ShadowCat  (Read 185 times)

Online ThreeStep

• Gabster
ShadowCat
« on: December 07, 2018, 09:28:11 AM »
So far severe arthritis in the hips. The silly fur ball came to sit with me last night, then came into be and did so again after breakfast. Our bedroom looks like an obstacle course with stairs and more stairs.

Blood work, ex-rays, diagnostics for the raspy breathing she developed last week. SO is with her. I can barely hobble to you know where.

She turned into a snuggler lately but was always the one with medical issues.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: ShadowCat
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
Poor kittie ShadowCat! She is at the vet? I hope all the tests come back good. Have you started any supplements for arthritis?  I would recommend the SuperSnouts green lipped mussel which has been a miracle for my Mazy cat.  Or another brand if you prefer.  Have you read her thread?

http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=4607.0

Online ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 04:55:12 PM »
Hipdisplacia with arthritis, congested lungs with inflamed lymph nodes.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
 grouphug
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 07:48:53 AM »
Awww, poor girl!  What's her treatment?

Online ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 08:22:03 AM »
Medication, restricted food intake and a follow up next week.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 03:05:03 PM »
What kind of medication?

Online ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 04:57:16 PM »
What kind of medication?
SO is taking care of everything. Yes, he has some medical training in his crazy background. She sat with me this afternoon and is getting around better; takes her meds well from him.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »
 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 07:29:18 AM »
SO is taking care of everything. Yes, he has some medical training in his crazy background. She sat with me this afternoon and is getting around better; takes her meds well from him.

thumbsup1 thumbsup1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 09:02:18 AM »

Hope ShadowCat is feeling better soon! Please keep us posted.  I worry about all of them!

I just want to mention, for general purposes, that medical training is not necessary for someone to take care of an ill cat.  I just wouldn't want anyone reading to think it is, and feel defeated before they even start.  Hug1 Hug1

Online ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »
Hope ShadowCat is feeling better soon! Please keep us posted.  I worry about all of them!

I just want to mention, for general purposes, that medical training is not necessary for someone to take care of an ill cat.  I just wouldn't want anyone reading to think it is, and feel defeated before they even start.  Hug1 Hug1

It makes it easier to get what needs to go where it needs to go in no time:>) Plus he understands medical gibberish.

Online ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 12:24:24 PM »
I expected her to be really aggressive when it comes to food; just like she has been. No. she fussed at me but no more claws out. But she made up for it last night. do you know how big one each cat can get when she is sleeping sideways, stretching, snoring, and hissing up a storm when I tried to pull her onto my side to give SO some space. No, she has to be all over the poor guy who is almost dripping being packed between her and Izzi. Did I mention we have a mattress with a cooling system because of him? Poached chicken is not her favorite but it seems to beat the mashed green beans the vet suggested. Eye looks better, breathing sound a bit better, snoring has not changed.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 09:44:04 PM »
Poached chicken is not her favorite but it seems to beat the mashed green beans the vet suggested.

"Mashed green beans?"  For a CAT?!  And the vet suggested that?   bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead  I guess he/she doesn't understand that cats are obligate carnivores and lack the enzymes to digest plants.   bangshead bangshead

Eye looks better, breathing sound a bit better, snoring has not changed.

I'm glad she's improving (other than the snoring -- or were you talking about someone else?)!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Online ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 11:15:31 AM »

Pookie - please do not get a heart attack. I would rather try to feed SO broccoli then ShadowCat green beans. She has actually taken to reduced rations a lot easier then expected. Or is she just working me? As far as her snoring goes - she has snored as long as she has been with us. And I mean cutting log snore not little wheezing sounds. She had two episodes where she got stuck getting up/down over the last three years and we do not know anything about her life before us. The rescue folks were exquisitely unhelpful but SO was smitten by her and she by him. She always enjoyed brushing so that is being extended. Yes, we talk to all three and petting/scratching/physical contact is always for all three. Trying not to let one feel the slightest bit neglected.

Tags:

'Hare