Author Topic: ShadowCat  (Read 971 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: ShadowCat
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »
I have had to start limiting the number of cats that can sleep in bed with me.  If I allow all of them, they "line up" on both sides of my body.  If I have to get up, none of them will move!  Plus, I move around a LOT in my sleep... afraid I will roll over on one of them. 

My nights include Lola, Misa dog (if she chooses) plus one other cat.   The "plus one cat" is different every night.  I try to be somewhat fair.  ;)

But..how on earth do you keep the others away?

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »
But..how on earth do you keep the others away?

I close the door. :(
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 09:14:05 PM »
My nights include Lola, Misa dog (if she chooses) plus one other cat.   The "plus one cat" is different every night.  I try to be somewhat fair.  ;)

Misa will sleep in bed with you now and then?  That's wonderful!  She must feel more comfortable with you and hubby to do that!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2019, 08:20:19 AM »
They are drawing straws:)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2019, 05:48:31 PM »
Misa will sleep in bed with you now and then?  That's wonderful!  She must feel more comfortable with you and hubby to do that!

I didn't make the sleeping arrangements clear... sorry.  If Misa sleeps with me, it is in a dog bed on the floor.  "Sleeps with me" was meant... as in the same room. I put her IN bed with me once... she went into FULL panic.  She also has a bed in the dining room and a recliner she is pretty fond of.  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:21:33 PM by Lola »

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2019, 07:14:13 AM »
ShadowCat has been coming in every night for a while now. She has not given up her attempts to take over my pillow. Slowly she inches closer and closer until her nose is on it. Then the rest of her follows. No, I refuse to yield!
ChaCha decided to stay in the living room last night.
ShadowCat has lost some weight and gained some temper. Tonight will be weighing and pedicures.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2019, 12:22:15 PM »
Tonight will be weighing and pedicures.

Have fun! ;)

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »
Any volunteers?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
Nope. I already do it here.  :)

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2019, 09:36:31 AM »
SO opted out last night. As she is not using her pine board to scratch anymore - there is no way for him to play possum today.

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #40 on: Today at 12:44:39 PM »
She is down to six lives!!!!
I forgot that SO volunteered me to make "good corn bread" for a crowd. Corn muffins with creamed corn (works!), finely chopped ham, garlic, shredded cheese baked in muffin tins slathered with bacon grease.
So I was in the kitchen at 5:00, oven going at 450 F. The front door is hinged at abou 15 inches from the ground with three pull out racks. Aunties had a cup each for breakfast and ShadowCat is insistent on something falling off the counter. This has never happened! I literally pick her up and move her out into the living room, open the oven door to take out the first batch and there is the eternally wagging tail sticking into the oven cavity!!!! Drop a tin with 24 muffins at 450F, drop it anyway and slam the oven door with the tail caught, scream, kick her sideways as she is partially under the door? I must have yelled like Wagner's inspiration to the Ride of the Valkyre. SO actually dashed around the kitchen island and grabbed her before she got hit with hot corn bread. It did not bother her the slightest. She complained about being abused, mistreated, underlived and underfed. BTW - they ate it for breakfast not with lunch.

She is getting worse. Most nights she sleeps with me. Tries to take over my pillow and occasionally manages to. Then she moves on. We moved the cat stairs to the window side so she can go on wood from floor up the stairs across my night stand. No more waddling on a Tempurpedic mattress. As far as food goes - it does not matter - she goes for it, bullies the others off their plates, clawed at us for more. The aunties are at three to four small cans per day. Way too much food. Boiled chicken breast, wing tips, cream cheese, ... Not interested.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #41 on: Today at 02:30:04 PM »
SCARY!!!  Glad ShadowCat is okay.  How was the corn bread?  :)

Tags:

'Hare