Author Topic: Why does Diva do this?  (Read 187 times)

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Why does Diva do this?
« on: December 10, 2018, 08:46:24 AM »
She doesn't do it very often. But she gets really into it when she does lol. It does not bother me in the least, I'd just like to know why.

Brandon

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Why does Diva do this?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 10:42:20 AM »
I didn't have a chance to watch the whole video, but based on the first 1-2 minutes that I did see . . . I'd say (based on all the head rubbing she was doing) that she's "marking her territory" (you) and the shirt-grabbing is part of it.  The others might have more insight.

Now, if she hadn't been doing the headrubs and was just sucking on the shirt, I'd say she has pica, which is a sort of comfort thing cats do if they were taken from their mother too soon.  But I'm not sure that's what this is, in this case.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 12:16:46 PM »
Marking you as "her" man.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 02:37:11 PM »
Diva REALLY gets into it!!!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Charter Member
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:34:00 AM »
Now, if she hadn't been doing the headrubs and was just sucking on the shirt, I'd say she has pica, which is a sort of comfort thing cats do if they were taken from their mother too soon.  But I'm not sure that's what this is, in this case.

Yeah I'm like 99% certain that's not the case here, she's never suckled on me per-se. Even this isn't really that, and she only does this rather seldomly. I thought it might have had something to do with the shirt itself, but I wore that same shirt to bed three more days and no repeat occurrence lol. In fact she hasn't done it since. She has been quite a bit more snuggly than usual, but I'm attributing that to the cooler weather and the fact that I let the house down to 62 degrees :D

PS I don't think this has been mentioned here, but I brought a cat home from work. She's been there since I started working there July 2017, has had three litters of kittens, and I have officially put an end to that. Her surviving first and second litter cats are still there, only one female left to deal with... Her latest litter has all been captured, socialized, AND homed :) tho not by me - I just have momma cat (now named Jezzi), and she now has my carport shop to call home until she's spayed. Once spayed, she will be joining Buddy as an outdoor "neighborhood" cat. They've already met, I think they may do well together. I gave serious thought to bringing one of her newest litter home so Diva can have a friend while I'm out, but I just don't have time for another kitten, to put it bluntly.

I think I say more about her in the video.

Brandon

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 07:07:54 AM »
At 62F Diva is looking for a warm place and you happen to be it.  HeadButt

Jezzi is a pretty young lady. Good to hear that her little ones found homes.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »
How very kind of you, Brandon, to help the momma cat and her litters!!!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1 HeadButt
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags:

'Hare