Author Topic: Lola Discovers The Ceiling Fan  (Read 143 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Lola Discovers The Ceiling Fan
« on: January 06, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
My bed is almost 3 feet high....from the floor to the top of the mattress.  Yes, I have to literally climb into bed. I have a ceiling fan with a light kit above the bed.  None of this is anything new.

Last night, Lola decided to find out if she could jump high enough to swat the chains hanging down from the ceiling fan.  She had to be careful to not fall off the end of the bed, while doing her circus act.  She was successful.  After a few minutes, I told Lola it wasn't playtime... it was bedtime.  She promptly curled up at my feet and went to sleep. 

She amazed me when, out of the blue, she decided to play with the ceiling fan chains.  She amazed me again, when she stopped playing when asked. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
Re: Lola Discovers The Ceiling Fan
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 09:42:23 AM »
You may have gotten something incorrect - Lola decided to quit playing. Your request happened to come at the same time.

We too have one of those above ground accommodations which require free climbing to get there. A spur of the moment purchase I regret but will have to live with for a bit.

Put a rubber band around a fan blade and tuck some calculator tape under it. Turn fan on slow and Lola will be entertained.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:36:52 AM »
You may have gotten something incorrect - Lola decided to quit playing. Your request happened to come at the same time.

You might have a point.  lol

We too have one of those above ground accommodations which require free climbing to get there. A spur of the moment purchase I regret but will have to live with for a bit.

I didn't have a problem with this bed until fairly recently.  I am considering a new bed frame.  One that is a bit lower, but not too low... and no footboard.  Too difficult to tuck everything.  I thought I would be MUCH older. before this bed would be a problem.  I apparently figured wrong.

Put a rubber band around a fan blade and tuck some calculator tape under it. Turn fan on slow and Lola will be entertained.

We have an actual cat toy that hangs from the ceiling.  It is in the living room.  I think I will buy another one to put in the bedroom.  I REALLY don't want Lola to have any interest in a ceiling fan. 

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 07:56:04 AM »
How about a solid step to make it easier for you? I bought really pretty ones which promptly moved to the office as cat perches ans SO made some solid monsters out of 2x12 oak. We cannot lower it - platform with six drawers.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 06:07:10 PM »
How about a solid step to make it easier for you? I bought really pretty ones which promptly moved to the office as cat perches ans SO made some solid monsters out of 2x12 oak. We cannot lower it - platform with six drawers.

Can't lower our bed either. 

I have better luck climbing into bed, then I likely would using steps.   Silly7  Plus, the mattress is really thick and heavy.  Part of it fits inside the bed frame.  It is reallllly difficult to "tuck" sheets and blankets.  The bed is just a beast. 

I'm thinking of asking the lady that made our dining room table and hutch to build a bed.  Something simple.

Offline ThreeStep

• Gabster
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 12:56:41 PM »
I am with you!

Tags:

'Hare